What's for dinner?

Since we starting dieting again, The Mr. and I have done really good about preparing and eating dinner at home. Our grocery bill sure has gone up but since we aren't eating out as much, it evens itself out. One of my goals is to plan dinners out and prepare a grocery list so that way we follow our diet and stick to our budget!

Weight Watchers has an amazing online database that has a ton of recipes with the points listed which is really nice. I've also ran across a few cooking blogs that are dedicated to posting Weight Watcher friendly recipes and most of them post the point values as well! Some of the recipes look amazing and the ones I've cooked have not disappointed.

Last night we had Lighten Up Chicken Divan, (http://www.skinnytaste.com/2010/11/chicken-divan-lightened-up.html) which was the second time I made it. The first time I followed the recipe and stuck with Swiss cheese (not one of my favorite cheeses) and it was okay. This time around I added cheddar cheese in place of the Swiss cheese and it was amazing! Cheddar cheese is the way to go!

We've also tried a few other of Gina's (author of www.skinnytaste.com) and we always love them! Some of our favorites have been: Slow Cooked Sweet Barbacoa Pork, Skinny Tuna Noodle Casserole and Crock Pot Chicken Taco Chili.

I recently stumbled across Emily Bites and she has so many recipes that I want to try! I love her recipes because they all look like "comfort" foods, just lightened up and in smaller portions. A lot of the food she cooks is in personal size or bite size form, which makes serving size a piece of cake! Every time I visit her blog, my recipe box get bigger and our grocery list gets longer! I would love to attempt to make these: Pepperoni Pizza Mini Puffs, Mini Spinach Dip Bread Bowls, Chicken Enchiladas (these look super duper yummy to me and I love Mexican food!) and Taco "Cupcakes".

I obviously have my list and grocery shopping cut out for me. Thank God The Mr. does a lot of our grocery shopping because I work most nights! I'm sure he'll appreciate the list with all these yummy dinners in order!

What are your favorite "diet" dinners?


2 comments:

  1. wow...I love the blogs you put on here with the recipes...the food looks really good. I just can't figure out how to follow them. How do I follow the blogs...

    I need to pull off some of these recipes too....

    My grocery list may be just as long as yours. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ivonne,
    The best way to follow blogs is by either using their Google Friends Connect box and click "Join this Site" or by using a reader like Google Reader and RSS to their feed.

    I hope you enjoy some of the recipes! I know we have!

    ReplyDelete

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS