Houston, we have a leakage!

I skipped a day of thankfulness, oops. This week has been a long week and I am so ready for a weekend! On Sunday evening, after sleeping the day away, I decided to start a load of laundry. Don't act surprised, it's something I normally do on Sunday's and Monday's, but this time it was different, and not fun.

About 20 minutes after starting the first load of laundry, I walked into our spare bathroom and was surprised to step into a huge puddle of water. The puddle covered the whole bathroom floor (coming out from under the toilet) and the tub was starting to fill up. I automatically called for The Mr. and I automatically knew we had a huge poopie problem!

Because it was Sunday night there wasn't really anything we could do besides soak up the water and hope and pray it didn't leak any more. Monday morning came and we had to get ready for the day, we were hoping that the problem was just a fluke and we wouldn't see any sign of floodage, but we were wrong!

Again, water all over the floor and filling up the tubs. At this point, I was highly annoyed. We couldn't get in touch with our landlord and were kind of at a loss for what do to. We obviously had a "clog," or so we thought, and it needed to get fixed, pronto.

Monday afternoon came and we finally got ahold of the landlord, two plumbers and builder of our unit. They got started on the problem right away and they all thought it was something that was going to be simple and easy to fix....ha! The two plumbers put their skills to work and did everything they could to unclog our mess; only to find out that we had more of sewer problem than we originally thought. One of the main pipes to our sewer had collapsed and we had a major back up!

The rest is history and needless to say we've had some major construction going on around here this week. Showers had to be short, we couldn't run very much water at time, so dishes couldn't be done, and laundry was on a major halt. The past two days they've been working to replace the collapsed pipe and to fix anything else it may have damaged.

I am so glad that we were able to nip the problem in the butt and get it fixed in a timely matter, but more importantly, I'm glad I won't be cleaning water off our bathroom floor anymore!

So today, I am so thankful for properly working sewage and a dry bathroom floor! I am also thankful for The Mr., he had to put up with all my whining and complain during this whole process (and I'm sure there was a lot!).

1 comment:

  1. What goes down, must go up...Spinning Wheel...la did da!

    ReplyDelete

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS