Week 8

I'd heard it all the time, "Live in the moment." But if I did that, I'd weight more than a dump truck. Losing weight wasn't about the moment at all; it was about having faith in the future. It was about knowing there would be another meal in a few hours.
-Stephanie Klein

Week 8 is out the door and today starts week 9. I can't complain about week 8, I'd have to say it was a very successful week even with having my family over for dinner and attending a birthday party on Saturday.

One thing I LOVE about Weight Watchers is that you truly can eat whatever you want, as long as you track your points. Of course, foods that aren't good for you are higher in points and do not keep you full for very long; so the goal is to eat "power food" that are "low" in points and keep you fuller (is that even a word?). So going out or having friends over for dinner isn't necessarily a bad thing, as long as you plan for it.

I'm always nervous for Tuesday morning to come around, only because I know once I get up, I have to get on the scale. Since starting Weight Watchers, I've kind of been yo-yoing, one week I gain, the next I lose, so since I lost last week, I was worried I was going to gain this week, but....I DIDN'T! Yay! I was so excited!

I lost 3 pounds this past week! That makes a total of 16 pounds GONE....FOREVER!

I'm so close to my 10%, I can taste it! 

For my non-scale victory (nsv) this week, I was able to fit into a pair of pants that didn't fit me 2 months ago! I tried them on last night and at first I did a little bit of happy dance and then I almost cried, the hard work IS paying off! I wore those pants to work today and if I remember right, they were more comfortable today then they were when I last wore them!

Today, I am so so so thankful for Weight Watchers and so so so thankful for my old (new) pants that fit me!

Here's to a healthy week 9!

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love WW, too! I'm on it right now, losing all the weight I gained from my pregnancy! Four months out and I've lost about 10 pounds now! Congratulations on your 16 lb weight loss! That is awesome! Go! Go! Go! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops, it's been 4 mos since I had my baby, but 2 months since I started WW! LOL! Mommy brain! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS