My Addiction

We all have those little things that we love, something we can't get enough of, something we have to buy the moment we see it because we NEED it.

I don't share this with a lot of people and still only a few people know, so you should feel lucky that I'm sharing this information with you, but I'm addicted to something and I don't know if there is any stopping me. I've tried to stop, but the problem always comes back.

Friends, I'm seriously addicted to buying beverage containers of any sort. They can be cute, they can be fun awesome colors, some of them are even boring. I'm especially addicted to Starbucks tumblers, of any shape, sort or size.

This obsession/addiction has been something I dealt with for years, since before I worked for Starbucks. I really started to build my collection when I got hired and now instead of paying full price, I get my discount and for some reason, that really makes buying all these things justifiable. Right?

Last night before The Mr. and I went out, we stopped by Starbucks so I could grab a tea. While I was waiting for my drink I started the check out their retail area. The Mr. has mentioned here and there that he has wanted a tumbler for his coffee but has been looking for that "perfect one." So, I thought I would be a good girlfriend and scope it out and see if any caught my eye. In the midst me finding him a mug, I also found one that I really really REALLY liked, and needed.

A customer came into my Starbucks a few weeks ago with this cup and I fell in love with it. Perfect color, perfect size, perfect lid, perfect everything. I knew it was an older tumbler because I hadn't seen it around (did I just admit that I frequent Starbucks that much?) and so when I got home that night, I looked it up on Ebay, $42.99 plus shipping for that sucker.....I love it but I didn't love it that much.

Back to my original story, that perfect tumbler and I were destined to be together. On the lowest shelf of this Starbucks' retail, in the furthest corner, sat this amazing tumbler coffee holder thing. It was sitting there, in perfect condition, with dust on it, as if someone hadn't touched it months. I think I did a dance when I saw it. I don't even have to tell you what happened next, the rest is history.

I am now a proud owner of the most perfect Starbucks tumbler and The Mr. got one too (his wasn't able to be photographed due to the fact that he was enjoying hot coffee out of it already and was not home).


Sometimes I think this addiction is getting the best of me and to be honest, most the time I forget to use my tumblers. I'll either forget it at home or in my car as I'm leaving and I don't go back to get it and therefore, I don't use them as much as I want. I'm going to make more of an effort to use them more often, as it will help save this planet!

Here is the rest of Starbucks collection. Please note that I have more at my parents house and I'm sure I've lost some throughout the years. Please also note that I just bought the red one in the front LAST WEEK!



So tell me, what is your little obsession/addiction? Please tell me that it isn't just ME who has silly obsessions like this.

1 comment:

  1. Admitting is the first step towards recovery! I am sure you could have a worse addiction. I am addicted to crochet and knitting patterns. I have tons of them but can only do one project at a time. I love looking at patterns and dreaming of making all of the ones I see. there is just not enough time to crochet! I need a new tumbler cuz the only one I have is at work. Keep blogging I enjoy reading what you write. Love you lots.....Happy Halloween.........Mom

    ReplyDelete

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS