Life Today....

I hate that feeling you have when you know you're about to get sick but your body is just taking it's sweet time. Over the last week I've been really tired, waking up with a sore throat, a constant headache and just feeling really blah all together. I just wish if I was going to get sick, it would just happen. I really wish I could just crawl back into bed and sleep it off.

With this new blog, I've been obsessed with finding or even creating an amazing blog layout. I found one that I really really liked but I wasn't going to pay $25 bucks for something so simple and easy to make so last night I ended up making one that looks like it and I LOVE IT! Maybe that's why I'm getting sick? I've been staying up to the wee hours of the night working on this stuff, but it's so easy to get wrapped up in it, playing with the fonts, colors and background!

Fall weather has finally arrived and I couldn't be more excited! Fall is seriously my favorite time of the year, I love everything about it. It makes me feel warm and cozy! I feel like I could sit here with a book, sipping on a cup of hot tea, a Pumpkin Spice Latte or even a Salted Caramel Mocha (my fall options are endless) and just soak up the cozy feeling. If I were to do that, I'm sure I would eventually fall asleep and waste my day, but nothing is more relaxing then that!

I've been working at Starbucks since May and at first I wasn't too sure about the store I was at, it was a really rocky start. Over the past two months I've really started to feel like I have finally found my place in the store, I truly love the people and the customers I work with everyday. I recently met with our District Manager and at first I wasn't too sure I liked how the conversation went but after recapping and reflecting, I realized he was challenging me to be a better Shift Supervisor and a better partner. He reminded that I was a huge part of the store and challenged me to hold myself and other accountable for their actions. It couldn't have been a better conversation and I needed to hear everything he had to say. Since then, I've been able to meet with my Store Manager and express my feelings about the store and my role there. It really has been a great experience and I'm excited for what is to come! It's always a good feeling when you enjoy what you are doing and can take pride in it.

With the death of Steve Jobs (which The Mr. & I are extremely sad about) I've been reading many of his quotes and some of them are so touching and moving. My favorite quote so far related to me so much and how I've been feeling about work lately.

3 comments:

  1. Now that I know I can leave comments, here they are:

    Fall is definitely a great season...here in Texas we don't get it much but I think it may be making its way over to us yay!

    Awesome about you feeling you fit in at Starbucks again...sometimes it just takes a few months to settle in.

    When I heard about Steve Jobs' death I immediately thought about Pablo...so sad.

    And I absolutely love the quote you posted...so true...and even though we probably already know it, sometimes we need to hear it ( or read it again)

    Have a great night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you can comment! As soon as I heard about Steve Jobs, I called Pablo, he was still at work and he hadn't heard about his passing yet, he really was bummed about it.

    ReplyDelete

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS