Then and Now

Remember how I told you that we had a beautiful weekend last time I posted? Well, we did! The weather was perfect, not too hot with just the right amount of sun. It made me get a little excited for Summer! Unfortunately, I had to work most the weekend so I didn't get to enjoy it as much as I wanted, but I know The Mr. got to enjoy every moment of it!

As soon as he woke up, he was outside fixing up the Jeep. I could tell he was starting to get antsy about taking the roof off and with the weather being so nice, it was perfect timing! He spent most the day outside working on the cars and soaking up the sun.

On Sunday, I went to Yakima to see my sister and niece. A lot has changed since I wrote my last blog about her but to make a long story short, she is still in rehab, she has custody of my niece again and things are still going great. The beautiful weather held out for the weekend, in fact it was about 90 degrees and we tried to take advantage of it! We did a little shopping, grabbed a bite to eat and then headed to the park. I feel so blessed to be able to visit with them as often as I can, being able to kiss and hold my niece again is amazing!
Now quick, fast forward two weeks! The Mr. and I will be heading to Yakima tomorrow to see my sister graduate from rehab and help her move into transitional housing. I am so excited and nervous all at the same time. Don't get me wrong, I am so happy she made the choice to get help and fix her life, but the next few months are going to be challenging and will truly test everything she has learned. 

I know she wants only the best for herself and her daughter and I know she has everything in her power to make it happen, but she has to know she has it in herself to make it happen. I hope that I can continue to be someone she leans on when she's had a bad day and I pray that she stays clean and sober.

Most importantly, I just want to continue to see her true smile and hear her beautiful laugh.

3 comments:

  1. Small world! One of my college roommates works in Yakima, she is from Naches. I listened to her talk about that area a lot, and probably asked a hundred questions about what it was like to buy slaughtered meat & raise a pig for bacon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a small world! Where did you go to college at?

      Delete

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS