Day 13: My earliest memory

As we sat around today enjoying the day with my parents, my sister and I talked about childhood memories and we had some great laughs.

My sister was taken back by the fact that she remembers a lot of childhood memories with me around but I was so young that I don't remember them. I realized that there are a lot "memories" I thought I remembered but a lot of them were just from pictures or stuff my parents told me about.

I would have to say that my first memory is bits and piece of the car ride during our big move from Texas to Washington. I was really young, probably no older then 4 and I remember it was winter time. Somewhere along the way we stopped to eat and it was snowing really hard; it had obviously been snowing for awhile because I remember there being a lot on the ground. We all got out of the car and before anyone could say anything, I swear at the same time we all picked up a snowball and starting having a snowball fight, but we pretty much focused on Mom. Poor Mom, she had snowballs being thrown at her from all angles.

We still get a get laugh about that story and Mom still shakes her head when we talk about it. 

1 comment:

  1. The instigator of that snowball avalanche was your dad!

    ReplyDelete

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS