Heavy hearts

I knew when I woke up that it was going to be a long day....I've only been up for an hour and a half and it sure has proven itself so.
The alarm went off at 5:30, and with only 4 hours of sleep, I wanted to curl up and cry. I hit the snooze button once and sat up at 5:40. I walked out to the living room and The Mr. informed me that he forgot to turn the water heater back up after cleaning the balcony. He has taken a super cold shower....and so did I! There is nothing like taking an ice cold shower in the morning after 4 hours of sleep, needless to say, I'm still wide awake! :-) I was freezing! I don't think I've gotten dressed so fast in my life.
Because I got ready so fast, I had about 20 minutes to kill, I suppose I should take cold showers all the time! It really reminded me of being a kid and being the last one to shower in the house; it was always a cold one! 5 people living in a small house, with a small water heater doesn't make for a lot hot showers. Now I understand why my parents made some of us shower at night and the others in the morning.
But, now I'm at work. The boys are still sleeping and I'm watching the Today Show. I sure wish I was sleeping though. I can not wait till Friday!
Last night I spent a few hours text messaging my mom about a car accident that happened in Othello that took a life of a 20 year old girl. I didn't know her all too well, but I knew who she was. She graduated a year after I did, was good friends with Priscilla and I had seen her around town. It's always gut wrenching when something like this happens. Othello is such a small community, and everyone always knows everyone; and word spreads fast! My heart aches for her family and close friends. I have lost people in my life and nothing compares to that feeling; the feeling of being helpless, upset and mad at the world. I pray their wounds heal quickly, that the mourning turns to rejoice and their tears turn to smiles and laughs as they remember her and their memories with her.
Something like this always reminds me of the gift of life, and really makes me sit back, count my blessings, and remind those who I love that I love them.
I'm going to check on the boys and get breakfast started. I'm not sure what we're doing today, but whatever it may be, I hope it's fun and keeps me awake! :-)
Don't forget to check out my picture blog! It's a goal of mine to upload a picture everyday.
Until next time,

2 comments:

  1. Cold showers are horrible. I remember a few times when that old water heater needed a new element and the water got cold quick. I enjoy reading your blog. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww friend I love u too!!! I love reading ur blogs as well even tho we text all day :)..
    Love always
    Priscilla Castillo!

    ReplyDelete

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS