A good read

The below is taken from Jon Acuff who is a member of the Dave Ramsey Team and I thought it was fitting for current situations in my life.
Should you respond to jerks on your blog?

For the last few years, that’s been a question I’ve wrestled with. When someone said something rude or mean that comment became like a lighthouse for me. I’d regularly reply to comments that attacked me and ignore a lot of kind, very interesting conversations with other people.

Until my wife punched me in the stomach with a prediction of what was going to happen if I kept going down that path. Here’s what she said:

“If you only respond to jerks on your blog, eventually you’ll create a blog that only jerks read.”

She’s right, if you only reward bad behavior, you only create more bad behavior.

So I stopped responding solely to jerks and started responding to all types of people. Because I don’t want anything I ever write online to become a jerk watering hole, but rather a place where lots of different conversations happen.

You can find his blog and blog post here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS