...for myself

It's been a little over a week since I blogged, I needed a break, I needed to just sit back and just enjoy life not behind a computer. There will be weeks when all I can think about is blogging and just when I start to do good, I decide that I don't need to spend every waking moment on my blog or reading blogs.


You all know that I love to blog and I hope to someday write about all the exciting things my little family and I are doing but for right now, it's just The Mr. and I and we're saving for a wedding. There really isn't much going on here besides work, small visits with family and friends, and super late nights watching these dang Olympics. I'm okay with that too, I'm exciting to be planning my wedding, I'm exciting to be working (really, I am) and I'm excited for the Olympics (especially staying up until 2am!).


Sometimes I have to remind myself why I blog, I'm not blogging for other people, I'm blogging for myself. I'm not ever going to a world known blogger and I'm probably never going to have 1098490 followers, and that's okay. I read a lot of blogs and I find myself getting flustered while I'm reading their blogs. They have thousands of followers, they blog everyday, they take amazing pictures and they "live" these amazing lives. I may not take amazing pictures (I sure wish I could) but I can't say that I don't have amazing life, because I do. I just don't flaunt it peoples face and make it seem like we're rolling in the dough and we never have a bad day, because I'm so sure, everyone has bad days!

For a few weeks, I was just blogging and joining in on a bunch of link ups and though there isn't anything wrong with that, I really didn't want my blog to turn into that. I want to actually write and talk about everyday things, but somedays it's the same thing over and over again, so I don't blog. I've said it before and maybe I just have to keep reminding myself, but I'm blogging for myself and for my future family. If I don't blog everyday, if I don't post pictures in my blog and if I don't talk about things that interest you, that doesn't make me less of a blogger or not as cool.

2 comments:

  1. I enjoy your blogs and your style of writing. It feels like you are sitting in the living room just chatting with me. You will always be cool to me..... love you lots...Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry...I'm the same way. I know I don't have many followers because 1) I have to invite the people I actually allow to read it since it is private 2) Half the people don't know how to look at it. Example: family. 3) I don't think even my husband reads it. 4) Comments are scarce. LOL.

    ReplyDelete

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS