The Proposal

When I woke up on Saturday morning, I had no clue that by the time I went to bed my life was going to change and that I was going to be a bride-to-be!

It was a typical Saturday morning, The Mr.'s parents are in town still, so we hung out, had breakfast and just relaxed all morning. I had to work at 3pm, so eventually I got ready for and headed to work. We had planned to have a little get together at our place for New Year's Eve with my parents and Loryn and The Mr.'s parents. I was excited to have our families together for the first time and I could not wait to get off of work!

Fast forward a few hours: With it being New Year's Eve, work was really slow and we were able to get our tasks done rather fast, so we got out about 10 minutes early. Knowing that everyone was already at the house, I headed right home and didn't bother to call The Mr. (I almost always call on the way home!) When I walked in the door, I noticed he had a book in his hand and when I asked him about it he said that he had made a book for his parents and was going to give it to them at midnight. I thought it was a little weird, considering I didn't know anything about it, but I didn't want to bother him too much about it, so I just went with it. I got a little suspicious about the book but quickly my suspicions were nullified when I asked my mom if The Mr. had something up his sleeve. (Little did I know, he did!)

For the next few hours, we just hung out, watched the ball drop is 3 different timezones, enjoyed some delicious Chinese food and I had a few glasses of wine! As it got closer to midnight, we all sat around and got ready to watch the ball drop! We also all had a glass of 12 grapes; with The Mr.'s parents being here, they taught us that it's a tradition to eat 12 grapes at midnight, and for each grape you make a wish (one for each month). Once the ball dropped, we rang in the new year, and started to eat our grapes. I'm not sure how far into my grapes I got before I realized The Mr. had disappeared.

He came back into the room with the book and handed it to his mom, who then handed it to me. The cover had my favorite picture of us and was titled: Pablo & Abigail, Two Years in the Making. I was completely surprised and I'm pretty sure I immediately started crying. I flipped through the book and got to walk down memory lane of our relationship; there was also a letter he had written to me and few poems. While I was looking through the book, The Mr. had gotten down on one knee and as soon as I got to the last page, which had typography that had I love you and Will You Marry Me? written on it, he pulled out the box that had the ring in it. I was 100% completely surprised! I'm pretty sure I said "Yes" before I took my next breath! At first, he gave me the box so I could look at the ring, and then he put it on my finger. We had a good laugh when I pulled my hand back and said "Wait, did you ask my dad first?!" I should have known better though, of course he asked my dad and he did it all without me knowing!

We spent the next few hours letting people know, sitting around and talking and enjoying the moment. I am so glad both of our parents were there and that they both got to witness the moment. It was a perfect moment and I wouldn't have it any other way.

I still can't believe that I'm engaged, I still can't believe that I'm going to be planning a wedding and I still can't believe I have my dream ring on my hand. I find myself looking at it from time to time and I'm blown away.

There isn't anyone else in the world that I want to spend the rest of my life with. I love this man so much!

So here's to a new year and lot's of planning!

6 comments:

  1. So sweet!!!   Made me tear up!!!   

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mandy! I wouldn't have had it any other way!

      Delete
  2. I got goose bumps all over reading it!!  Love your story!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful, and congratulations! I love that you have a book to remember the special day later. 

    ReplyDelete

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS