DIY Christmas Wreath Tutorial

I went to Hobby Lobby earlier today to find ornaments for our Christmas tree and ended up spending almost an hour and half in the store and walked out with stuff to make a homemade Christmas wreath. I'm a huge fan of wreaths, and I love to change them out throughout the year depending on the season and what not. So far, I've made two of my own wreaths and I plan on making more. They are so fun and so simple!

Here's a quick DIY tutorial on how to make your own homemade wreath! Enjoy!

What you'll need:
1 wreath - your choice on what you use, I enjoy twig wreaths but anything works!
wired ribbon
decorative wire
ornament or decorative sign
holiday embellishments
hot glue gun



Using your hot glue gun, glue a piece of the wired ribbon to the back of the wreath and wrap the ribbon around the wreath:
(I leave a gap in between each wrap so that way I can use the decorative wire in the spaces)



Continue all the way around the wreath:





Next, use your decorative wire and fill the empty spaces:



Like so:



Use the ornaments string and loop it through the twigs in the center and then hot glue the remaining ornament string to the back of the wreath:
(I used a piece of paper (price tag) to make sure the string would stay in place)



Add embellishments!:
(I ended up moving mine around because I could not figure out how I wanted them)



Here's the finished product! So easy, so simple and super cute! It took me less then 30 minutes to make and cost me less then $10 dollars! Thank you Hobby Lobby for your 50% off Christmas decor sale!



I did take the little bit of decorative wire that I had left and used it to make a loop so the wreath would hang better.

I can't wait to decorate for Christmas so I can leave this on our front door but we must wait for Thanksgiving to pass!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh!  This is totally adorable!  It looks like its pretty kid friendly too!  Thanks for the tutorial :)

    Jessica

    ReplyDelete

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS