Her Smile

If you're my friend on my personal Facebook you probably saw that I posted a picture of me and my older sister on Sunday during our visit. I keep finding myself going back and looking at the picture and all I can do is smile.

She looks so healthy and so happy; it reminds me of her beautiful spirit that was missing for so long.

My oldest sister and I have never been the best of sisters, in fact we fought a lot growing up, and once we grew up and moved out my parents house, we could only stand each other for so long. I knew she loved me and I loved her too but there was always that weird relationship between us.

It wasn't until a few years ago when she found herself in horrible situations that we bonded and we were able to relate in a lot of ways. Just recently we have really started to build a bond and a relationship that is near to my heart.

Going to see her on Sunday's is something that I look forward to and helps both of us get through our week. For her, having someone visit her in rehab is a very special occasion and helps remind her that she has a support team rooting for her. 

I know there is still a long road ahead and a lot of relationships she still needs to fix, but to see her smile the way she does and to hear her talk the way she does, I know the road isn't that long anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS